On Saturday night, we invited our friends Ed and Alisha Hewett and their kids to have dinner with us and then go trick-or-treating at Halloween on the Square, which was sponsored by the city of Crockett from 5:30 until 7 that night.
the table all set for dinner
Jed and I made ghost and bat decorations for the house Saturday morning. Holland is excited to eat!
The spread--cheesy potato-broccoli soup, homemade bread with sweet-potato butter and homemade oreos.
After dinner we all got dressed up in our costumes:
Since, as you know, Jed hated his other options, I decided that we should be a little 50's family. For some reason, through the years, a poodle skirt has always been my costume of choice, so this seemed natural. My mom was good enough to mail my poodle skirt, we already had that funny little jacket for Jed, and Dave's abundant locks were just itching for a good comb-over. I think we looked pretty great!
I'm not really sure why he left the moustache, because I don't recall the Fonz having one of those, either, but Dave had fun with it. And I learned something important: I love my husband's handsome face, scruffy, fully bearded, or clean shaven. The moustache look? not so much!
Once we'd taken pictures, we headed up to the square for candy! I had tried earlier to prepare Jed a little for what was going to go on, but I must not have done a good job. Jed wasn't too thrilled about his jacket, he didn't want to walk, and he certainly didn't want to carry a bag around. We showed him at each business we stopped at that there was candy to be earned, but he just wasn't into it. Finally at our last stop, I could see the understanding flash across his little face. I guess there's always next year!
After all the excitement of trick-or-treating, Jed was worn out. We decided to save the pumpkin-carving until Sunday night.
Since the weather is still so gorgeous down here, we did it outside.
When we bought the pumpkins, Jed seemed to think they were just big balls and they got thrown on the floor more than once. He was pretty amazed when we started cutting into them and he loved feeling the goop inside.

2 comments:
looks like so much fun! I love Jed's outfit.
David with the stache - - he could be the next earl from my name is earl
Post a Comment