Sunday, December 12, 2010

Advent Calendar

Our family is getting into the Christmas spirit this year with the advent calendar I made during our trip to Colorado. I was inspired by this gorgeous advent calendar and thought I'd see how I could do.
*
I laid everything out at home so I could sew on the road, then stitched away while we traveled. It was nice to have a project to work on, and I was lucky that our hotel room had a much-needed ironing board and iron.
*
Once we got home again, I distributed the ornaments (found at Hobby Lobby) and made a list of Christmas scriptures and stories that we love to read. Each night, we hang an ornament on the tree and read the passage. It's relaxing and fun to see Jed get so excited about hanging the ornament.

Only 13 days til Christmas!

2 comments:

Tara said...

what a cute idea!

Katie Groneman said...

Wow, how cute is that? I love the buttons idea.