I cut two 4-inch squares out of three different fabrics. Well, actually two--the stripes and the stripes with the blocks are just the right and wrong sides of one fabric. Then I paired up the fabrics so that each beanbag was different. Stripes with dots, blocks with stripes, etc. I turned each set wrong side out, pinned them, and whip-stitched away.
Once they were done, I turned them right-side out, filled them with beans, and did a running stitch around the outside to strengthen the seam. These are made to be thrown, after all, so they needed to be incredibly strong.
I think they turned out so very cute!
Then I...er, Mrs. Claus...packaged them up and put them in Jed's stocking on Christmas Morning.
Such a fun, easy project--I did it all at night after Jed was in bed. These would be perfect for kids littler than Jed, too, because they'd be good to chew on or just to hold and look at the patterns. Lots of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment