Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Ring the bells, the new year is upon us! We're pretty much old fogies, but this is what we did:

Ate popcorn, dipped carrots into ranch dip, ate green fudge (a Texas delicacy which you'll have to try when you visit), defended our puzzle from curious kitties, watched a movie and drank fake bubbly. All before 11:15--after that we went to bed.

But not before we took some dorky shots of ourselves.

Yep, Dave and I still love each other in 2011--just in case you were wondering.
*
The next morning, we woke up to news that my sister, Hanna, is engaged to a nice guy named Stephen. I am thrilled for them . . . even if that excitement is tinged with a little sadness. Hanna isn't a "little girl" any longer! She hasn't been for years, of course, but nothing sets that fact in stone like an engagement ring on her long, ET-like fingers. Never fear, she may be engaged, but she's still my sister and partner in crime! I love you, Hanna, and I'm excited to get to know Stephen better, and I'm so happy for the two of you to be married to your favorite person in the world--each other.
*
* * *
*
I am looking back on the good year that 2010 was and looking forward with hope to the wonderful things that 2011 will bring. I love the chance that a new year brings to start fresh, to change the things that you're not happy with. I hope you all have a wonderful 2011 and that your resolutions are achievable!

No comments: