My breath is visible when I head out to bootcamp in the dark early morning, the grass is silvered with frost when Jed and I go on our walks, and the afternoons have been warm--downright balmy. Yesterday I lazed on my porch rocker and came in with rosy cheese and nose. Tonight when I went out to dump the compost, there was the most delectable moist, springy scent in the air. I just stood outside and inhaled for a while. I know the heat wave can't last, but we have been enjoying it for all it's worth while it is here.
This afternoon when Dave came home, he found Jed and I lazing on a blanket in the backyard. After we all wrestled and played with/teased the cats for a while, the boys decided to do some shooting.
Jed just loves shooting with Dave. He thinks it's so fun to pull the string back, retrieve the arrows and exclaim over good shots.
I love this picture so much because of the way both Dave's and Jed's arms are placed. They had just finished a shot, and clearly Jed is learning correct positioning.
Retrieving arrows.
Lining things up for the next shot.

Okay, by now you may have noticed Jed's devotion to his pillow. He takes it everywhere. It is a great sorrow to him that there isn't room in the stroller for the pillow to join us on our morning walks. The pillowcase is one that Dave had when he was a little boy, and it is so thin you can read through it. I am not looking forward to the day it finally gives up the ghost, but I am thinking of making Jed a small pillow out of the surviving remnants.
Okay, by now you may have noticed Jed's devotion to his pillow. He takes it everywhere. It is a great sorrow to him that there isn't room in the stroller for the pillow to join us on our morning walks. The pillowcase is one that Dave had when he was a little boy, and it is so thin you can read through it. I am not looking forward to the day it finally gives up the ghost, but I am thinking of making Jed a small pillow out of the surviving remnants.
If the rest of January would stay like this, I would be perfectly happy.
1 comment:
how cute! and i totally agree, it's been feeling down-right springy here with wonderful weather and i know it is just the heat wave. but i'd be fine with spring starting right now just like you, because we've been enjoying it :D
Post a Comment