If you're like me, you have food storage squirrelled away all over your house, and it is hard to keep track of what you have. I hear many different ways to keep track of what you have so you don't over-buy or run out, but some are too crazy and some are too hard, so I came up with my own. It's definitely not a flawless system, but this has been working for me so far.
I think I need a bigger board, but I don't really have room for a bigger board on my wall.
I am toying with the idea of writing the food in permanent markers.
I am thinking of switching to hash-marks instead of numbers, because it's much easier to just erase a hash-mark than erase and re-write a number. So easy, a husband could do it.
It is my goal to take a picture of the board at the end of every month, and then after 4 months, I'll be able to get an accurate picture of the rate we use things, and that will help me know how much we need. From that, I plan on making a printed master list of everything we buy, and keeping that...somewhere...so I can make note of things we need, and then stick it in my purse, so it's there when I go shopping.
Obviously, it's a work in progress, as all food storage is, but I like that fact that I can see most of what we have now at a glance. How do you keep track of your food storage?
2 comments:
HOlli, you amaze me. If you want a prebuild spreadsheet, you can go to foodstoragemadeeasy.net and they have a excel sheet that you can print off. It will even calculate the total amount of long term storage (wheat, etc) that you will need for your whole family. Pretty cool.
You're amazing Holly! Can you be in charge of my food storage too?
Post a Comment