Jed's eating always struggles when we travel. He just isn't that great of an eater unless he's strapped into his familiar orange chair. I came home (yes, I know it's been a while...it's taking me some time to adjust!) feeling the need to give the boy MORE VEGETABLES! So when I found this recipe in the May Parents magazine and it only needed minimal tweaking, I was really excited.
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
3/4 cup applesauce (it called for oil, but I always substitute)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini (frozen is fine)
1 cup blueberries (frozen is fine)
In a large bowl, mix eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Sift flours, sugars, soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder into egg mixture and stir until combined. Add zucchini and blueberries. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes if making muffins; 35 minutes if making mini-loaves; 40 minutes if making large loaves. Makes 2 dozen muffins, 4 mini-loaves or 1 large loaf.
Holy cow, this is good. I am so wishing that I had more zucchini in the freezer, since I used my last bag to try this recipe. Hurry up, little zucchini plants! We want this bread again!
No comments:
Post a Comment