David, Peter and Alan--these boys can't be serious!
Pete and Alan said it was just nice to be out of the car. We had dinner and then took a walk to the park, where the boys all threw rocks in the pond. Jed finally couldn't stand it any longer and got in the pond. He always throws his rocks and then is sad they're gone, so we just gave in and let him in the water. He was soaked! We had to take his clothes off and bring him home in just his diaper.
It was so good to have some family visit, even if it was just overnight, and even if I proved my incompetence as a cook while they were here (I accidentally put cloves instead of cumin in our dinner, and what I thought was a full carton of eggs to scramble for breakfast turned out to be 3 hard-boiled ones left from Easter). I'm grateful for my Scherbel family and I love them all so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment