Wednesday, May 25, 2011

a really good day

Dave's work schedule has switched to the dreaded work-all-weekend business that I loathe. It's ironic, though, because when Dave works weekends, we can actually go to the temple together, since he's off Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Today was the first time in a loooong time we got to be in the temple together. Our good friend and substitute nana Miss Sue watched Jed while Dave and I went to Houston. We had a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing temple session, got someone new undies (the culprit excitedly said "now there's only holes where holes should be!"), ate in a restaurant without wrestling anyone and wandered around Ikea for as long as we wanted. It was bliss.

I know Jed had as much fun while we were gone as we did. Miss Sue took Jed to the store and let him pick out a new tractor, took him to her house and let him drive his new tractor on her smooth floors. When we got home, he was very excited to see us--he ran to my arms and held me for so long that it made me think about leaving more often, just for such an awesome hug!

Another reason today was such a good day?




My flowers are blooming out front! I have been nursing these dahlias and lilies along in our shady front flowerbed, and my work is starting to pay off. I am so in love with these stargazer lilies!


So many times in this little life of mine, I long for things to be different. When Jed throws a tantrum, when the sink is full of dishes, when I step on the scale (although I'm doing better there, thank-you-very-much), when I wake up in the wee-small hours of the morning and can't get back to sleep, when I have to make dinner and it's 95 degrees outside. But it's good days like this that help me keep going--Jed is happy, Dave and I feel rejuvenated and ready to face another week. I'm so grateful for the blessings we have and the joy our life brings to us.

1 comment:

breanneryanmurray said...

Just what i needed this morning!!! Thank you :) I love stargazer's my favorite!! had them at my wedding, five years ago today :)