The day we went was a little rainy but not cold. The kids had a great time running up and down the trail together and we adults had a good time catching up.
The kids were excited to find the road--an open place to run!
Jed and Eva checking out some fungus on the log. It was really soft, like velvet. So cool!
It was really pretty with the path all littered with oak leaves.
One of the cool bridges on the trail
I love Josh's expression in this picture. Like "Whoa, this log is a little higher than I thought!"
It was so great to be able to hang out in the woods with our family. One thing I truly love about my in-laws is that when we get together, we love to be out and be active. I am so lucky to have married into a great family with people that I actually like and want to be around, as well as am related to.
I hadn't realized how much I've missed Amanda, Peter and Sarah until we got to see them again, and it was so fun to watch Eva, Jed and Josh play together. I hate that we live so far from our family, and even though Peter and Amanda are moving to Florida, they'll still be pretty far away from us. It felt almost cruel to let the kids play together and become friends, and then make them say goodbye so soon. Jed was so sad when "Dosh and Eba" left. Even after his nap, he woke up asking for them. I guess a trip to sunny Florida is in order!
1 comment:
we miss you guys too!!! Thank you so much for the cleaning items... they were a life saver when we arrived because the house hadn't really been cleaned...haha.. just our luck.
We loved spending time with you all. Thank you for everything!!
Post a Comment