Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine Cookies

Yesterday Jed and I made some really cute sugar cookies. We wanted to give some to Miss Leah, Jed's speech therapist, as well as have some to eat. Jed likes to make dough but has a hard time not eating it all. Once the cookies are cut out and baked, he gives up on the process. I guess I should be a little more insistent that he help decorate, but it's easier not to encourage a mess...and decorating has always been my favorite part.

Lots of cute, yummy cookies

Jed with his special cookie. He was so excited to eat it that he had a hard time holding still.

We made one for EVERY member of our family! Yes, this is an announcement! Baby #2 is on the way and we are very excited. I am due August 15th and we'll be able to find out gender the end of March.

I have been just as sick this time around as I was with Jed. It is beyond frustrating to feel so awful, to not be hungry for anything and to fight to hold on to every ounce of food I manage to eat. Dave has been an absolute champ, working hard all day, serving in the church and taking care of us all at the same time without complaining. Jed has adjusted rather well to our routine of not going anywhere and watching a lot more TV than we usually do, but that makes me feel like a pretty crummy mom too! I am happy to be at the end of my first trimester and hopefully I'll be back to my old self in a week or two.

Even with the sickness, I am so happy to be having another baby. I can't wait to have our family grow and see Jed as a big brother. He is already excited and asks me all the time when we'll get to meet our new baby. I have a feeling it's going to be a long summer for everyone!

3 comments:

Katie Groneman said...

Yay!!! I had a dream the other night that we were having a high school girl reunion of sorts, and everyone brought their kids, and you had 2 kiddos, Jed, and another little baby boy! I thought about telling you at the time, but didn't want to jinx it. Weird...

Emily Sue said...

Congratulations, Holly! I'm excited for you!

Amber said...

So fun! I wish we lived closer too. I hope we both get feeling better soon. I've actually had a few good days, so I'm hoping that I'm getting out of the thick of it. Hope you are too.