Saturday, March 10, 2012

"Oh no! Cereal!"

The other morning, I was making us a smoothie and trying to get us ready to go on our walk. Jed spied a packet of strawberry oatmeal that Dave hadn't eaten for breakfast and begged to eat it. I told him that oatmeal would be a little hard to eat in his stroller but that I would fix it for him when we got home, and that he could have his smoothie and toast instead. That seemed to mollify him and he went on his way. I turned the blender on, filled a water bottle and tied my shoes. When I turned the blender off, Jed came running in and said "Oh no! Cereal!"

I followed him into his room and found the oatmeal spread hither and yon among his toys. He seemed genuinely shocked and sorry for the mess, and since we were ready for our walk, I told him we'd clean it up later.

I was so focused on cleaning up the mess that I didn't think of taking a picture until after we'd removed all the toys. It is totally amazing how far one packet of strawberry oatmeal will spread in a little boy's bedroom. Thank goodness for a quality vacuum.

After we got things cleaned up, our attention turned to other things, and I completely forgot to make him any oatmeal! I think we both had had enough for one day, anyway.

No comments: