Wednesday, March 14, 2012

results of a RAINY weekend

We had caRAYzy rain this weekend! Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday were filled with downpours and incredible thunder, especially at night. We got about 6 inches of rain over the four days. We desperately need the rain, so I hate to be grumpy about it, even though it means that we're stuck inside. Makes me wish for a full-sized church so we could go shoot baskets and run around in the gym to work off our excess energy!

Our yard is completely saturated. When you walk on it, water squishes out of the grass and pools around your feet.

The low spot in our yard is totally full of water!

I am really hoping our newly-planted seeds and starts won't float away. But all the rain is definitely welcome and I can't complain.

SO much water!

One of our peach trees actually has blossoms! I am so excited. There's a grand total of 10 and my mouth is already watering, hoping for an actual peach this summer.

Sunday afternoon, Jed had had enough of being cooped up inside. We bundled him up and sent him out to play. He immediately gravitated to the big mud puddle in the corner.

He likes to pretend he's a "scoopa tractor" and dig around in the mud with his hands.

"Yup, this is GOOD mud!"


He got crazier and crazier in the puddle the longer he stayed out, but he was having a great time.

He eventually wound up with a face full of mud, and that ended his fun. He ran to the house and we stripped off his muddy clothes, wiped him down with a couple of old diapers and tossed him in the tub.

Yesterday, the sun shone brightly and it was gorgeous out. I can handle a rainy weekend if we're repaid by glorious days!

No comments: