Tuesday, April 10, 2012

big boy bed

We moved Jed into his big boy bed on Sunday evening. He is so proud! He helped Dave put it together and move it into his tent and then immediately laid down on it to try it out. He calls it his "baby bed" and when I tried to explain that no, it was a big boy bed, he told me "just like mama and daddy's bed. but baby!" And then I understood--it's a real bed, but small. So it's a baby bed. Funny boy!

We left the crib up in his room, and we told him if he couldn't stay in his "baby bed" he could sleep in the crib. So far, he hasn't moved a muscle once we've said our good-nights--except last night, when Dave forgot to take him his customary drink of water. I am so proud of how well he's adjusted. I think the novelty of the tent definitely helps--he loves having his own little world in there. I would too!

No comments: