Monday, April 9, 2012

a happy Easter weekend

Happy Easter! Hopefully you had as great a weekend as we did. Ours started on Friday when Jed and I went to visit Dave for lunch. Dave got off work early for some strange reason, so we came home and worked in the garden for most of the afternoon. The weather was gorgeous and warm and it was so nice to be outside together.

Of course, Jed got in the pool! I am so glad it's finally warm enough for him to swim.

I asked him if he could be "strong" for me and this is what I got. FYI, he picked out his swimming "shorts" himself!

The Easter Bunny came to visit us on Saturday morning.

Jed was so funny about his easter basket. He was excited about everything he got, but he wanted it all to stay in the basket. When we would try to pull something out so he could look at it more closely, he told us "no no no! Stays here!"

Jed is no slouch when it comes to hunting easter eggs--he's had quite a bit of practice this year between church and playgroup parties.

He had a great time finding eggs the Easter Bunny had hidden in all our gardening implements. I guess it's a good thing our yard currently looks like a war zone, because it made for good egg-hiding spots!



Yesterday we had a spectacular Easter Feast but we were so eager to eat it that I didn't take any pictures. I did get a picture of our lovely dessert:

My latest experiment--triple-layer fruity jello mousse--was so tasty! I'm so glad we tried it but next time I am definitely putting it in smaller dishes. That was a LOT of mousse!

We had a great Easter weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for His sacrifice for all of us and for His love, this time of year and always.

No comments: