Jed started out just innocently walking around on the grass, pretending he was some sort of dinosaur or monster or something. Then he found his little yellow push car and before we could stop him, he was running through the puddles at break-neck speed.
He had such a great time splashing that he didn't seem to notice he was soaked until his boots filled up with water.
Normally wet boots don't phase him--just dump them out and go on with life. But because his jammies also got wet, the boots never really got totally emptied when I'd dump them out, and this was a severe trial for Jed. Finally I got the bright idea to wring out the feet of his jammies, and that seemed to help.
Oh, how we love those green boots! I love them because Jed can put them on himself. I love them because he can wear shorts and still run around in the tall grass and I know he's not going to come to grief with snakes or ants. He loves them because wearing them means Mama relaxes about what he walks in. And Jed loves the awesome clompy noise they make when he walks. I highly recommend a pair of clompy rubber boots!
No comments:
Post a Comment