First a gasket was stuck, so he and Jed had to go and find a tool that would unstick said gasket. Then more transmission fluid came out than was anticipated, so another trip had to be made to buy more fluid to go in. And then the tank for the transmission fluid was hidden in some unreachable nook under the engine, so flexible tubing had to be procured so said fluid could actually be poured into the tank.
Poor Dave! He started when it was nice and cool and the cars were in the shade, and as things wore on it got hotter and hotter and the shade abandoned him. I felt incredibly sorry for him, but there wasn't really anything I could do, aside from tossing bottles of water and Popsicles under the car occasionally. I swear I tried to keep Jed occupied, but after a while, it was useless. Jed had to be right there with Daddy, poking around with his tools and "helping."
It was totally adorable. Jed thinks that his daddy is the coolest thing since sliced bread (and he is) and loves to be with him. I kept checking on them through the window and would see a big set and a little set of arms working, a big set and little set of feet walking around. Eventually I got engrossed in perfecting my Sharing Time and forgot to check on them any more. And then Dave called me outside to see the results of all the work.
Dirty Dave (those shorts are strictly reserved for yucky chores, btw)
the mighty mechanics!
Yup. Jed laid in a puddle of oil. Those shorts are NOT strictly reserved for yucky chores. Sigh.
That little black (blurry) hand? Spent about 15 blissful minutes stirring around in the bucket of old oil, of course!
We put the oily clothes to soak and the boys took showers while I made dinner. We sat down to watch a little movie after we ate and when I looked over at Jed ten minutes later...
OUT.
I am grateful that Dave can do most of our mechanic-ing himself, even if it takes a long time. Jed has a great time with him, we save money, and even if I have to do laundry afterwards, it's worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment