We were the only ones there!
Well, except for the seagulls.
Jed jumped right in. He loves to swim and he gets so excited when we tell him we're going swimming. He has been teaching himself to hold his breath and open his eyes under the water. It is amazing to me how fearless he is--a little TOO fearless for my liking, actually, but it is really fun to watch him figure out his boundaries.
We got that little floaty ring for Jed at the hardware store and he loves to play with it--out of the water. When we try to get him to sit on it in the water, he freaks out. If I put it on the shore, he doesn't like that, either. He wants it to float near him and he gets frustrated when it floats away, but not frustrated enough to go get it. That's my job.
VanEtten lake is different from Lake Huron in that there is actually seaweed and moss growing in it. There was like a 5-foot swath of clear water and then a band of seaweed and then more clear water. Jed was not a fan of walking through the weeds and he would run as fast as possible the other way when he encountered it.
See what I mean about testing his boundaries?
Here's Jed's absolute favorite thing to do when we get to the lake:
It kinda makes me wonder if he's seen old Baywatch episodes when I'm not around. He's really got that run down!
We are REALLY enjoying being near all this water! VanEtten Lake on Friday, Lake Huron on Saturday (I didn't take any pictures, again. Sorry) and canoeing on the AuSable River today (and again, no pictures. It's hard to paddle and take photos, especially when I'm in the front of the canoe). We had a blast at each place and are starting to figure out where the non-crowded areas are and when the best times to go are. While I feel like there are still many, many things I need to figure out as far as normal life here goes, this part we have down.
We are REALLY enjoying being near all this water! VanEtten Lake on Friday, Lake Huron on Saturday (I didn't take any pictures, again. Sorry) and canoeing on the AuSable River today (and again, no pictures. It's hard to paddle and take photos, especially when I'm in the front of the canoe). We had a blast at each place and are starting to figure out where the non-crowded areas are and when the best times to go are. While I feel like there are still many, many things I need to figure out as far as normal life here goes, this part we have down.
No comments:
Post a Comment