Friday, June 29, 2012

a bit settled

I have a lot to catch up on! We have been in our house two weeks now and we are finally feeling a little bit settled. I still have quite a bit of unpacking to do, but it's down to the non-essentials, so I am proud. The heat waves we've been having have played havoc with my ambition--mostly Jed and I just hang out in the pool out back or at one of the lakes. We've been going quite a bit, but I don't have very many pictures, because it's hard to keep track of a boy by myself and keep sand and water out of the camera. You'll just have to imagine all the fun we're having, and I'll try to do a little better about pictures in the future.

We have made a few major purchases in the last week. We have been dying for a new mattress for about a year, and ever since I got pregnant, I have been dreaming of a couch that is actually a couch and not a lumpy thing with springs poking every which way. We figured after 6 years of marriage and 9 moves, it is time to stop living like vagabonds, so we bought both a new mattress/box springs and a new couch. I will definitely have to post pictures of them--they are beautiful. I feel like such an adult with a legit couch now. As my Grandpa LaMont would say, we're not just "camping out" any more.

I have been having TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions lately. Soooooo many. It's very odd, because I never had any with Jed. Honestly, I never had any contractions with Jed--it was all back labor until they gave me an epidural and pitocin. I am not sure if it's the stress I've been under with the move, the heat, or just that I'm 33 weeks and my body is trying to get ready. Other than the Braxton Hicks, I've been feeling really good and this boy continues to be a mover and a shaker.

Jed seems to be adjusting well. He loves Primary in the branch (we LOVE the branch!) and has really taken well to his new teachers there. I know he misses his friends--today he asked me if we could go to the park to play with Holland--but all the swimming seems to make up for it a little.

Dave is really loving his job. The office is close enough to the house that he bikes to work every day and we all love that. It is so nice to send him off to work to a job that he actually loves and feels like he's accomplishing good things with people who are likeable and good to work with.

We're doing well and feeling a bit settled. Life is good here on the sunrise side of Michigan!

1 comment:

Tara said...

yay! I am so glad you are doing well! I can't wait to see pics. :)