The room was designed to be a dining room and a living room, but since all the bedrooms are upstairs, I felt like it was important for Jed to have a space for his toys in the main area of the house.
Thankfully I didn't have to buy anything when putting his play area together--just re-purposed things that had been outside in our other house to make a perfect place to play. I am so pleased with how it turned out, and I know Jed is too. When I finally got it all organized, he told me "Look at all these toys! Yay!"
We spend a lot of time at our desk, paying bills, indexing and farting around on the computer. I really like having the computer out in the open, especially since Jed has discovered Angry Birds and gets to spend about 15 minutes a day playing "piggies."
Finally, here is our sitting area--with the NEW COUCH that I love!
I had been dreaming of a white couch for a while but felt completely crazy contemplating it. I had decided to settle for navy blue or a slate-y gray and then the man at the furniture store showed us this leather beauty. We were totally sold, especially since it was a semi-sectional that we had decided would be perfect for us. It is a little sticky in this heat, but it's so comfortable that we're happy to put up with it.
All the light in this house seemed to dictate that we go a different way with our TV stand, which made me a little sad, since I love the one that Dave worked so hard on for the other house. I had been looking at some IKEA options when we stumbled on this old dresser at Goodwill. I told Dave that I loved it but thought it would make the boys' room pretty crowded and he suggested we use it as a TV stand so we didn't have to hang our TV on the wall. I couldn't be happier. Especially since the drawers are old and kind-of sticky, so it makes it hard for a certain boy to pull out all his favorite DVD's and scatter them all across the house. I have plans to find some really tall bookshelves to stick on either side of the TV stand to hold all our books, but so far the Goodwill/Craigslist gods are holding out on me. It's okay--I can be patient.
So, that's our main living area. Hopefully now you have a better idea of our space and how we're getting settled.
1 comment:
what a beautiful space!
Post a Comment