While my mom is here, we are trying to show her the sights. There are so many fun little gems in this part of the state.
One of my favorites is the AuSable River Queen paddle boat. She's so pretty and I'm dying to go for a ride on her.
The AuSable river has 5 or 6 hydroelectric dams on it to make these "ponds." Only the ponds are HUGE--more like big lakes--and the River Queen tours the lowest pond, called Foote Pond. We see her when we go to Iargo Springs or any of the other trails or canoe put-in spots along the river.
Another of my favorite sights is the MaiTiki resort along highway 23 south of our town.
Jed and I travel the road once a week as we go to the doctor about 20 miles away and we always look for the MaiTiki because it is so colorful. I think it looks like such a fun place to stay.
These are just a taste of the fun things that the northern part of Michigan's lower peninsula has to offer. Come visit and we'll try to show you all of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment