We are not that crazy about our backyard since it's really small and completely exposed to the neighborhood. However, it has redeemed itself since fall has arrived. We have a gorgeous maple tree right outside the back fence that is making life so enjoyable right now.
Jed loves pushing his dump truck around in the leaves and listening to them crunch.
The COLOR! I cannot get enough of this tree and go outside several times a day just to look at it.
Friday afternoon we had a great time playing in the leaves together. It has started to be a little chilly but it's a welcome relief after the hot, humid summer.
Jed also loves to throw the leaves and have them thrown at him.
We discovered it's pretty fun to hold the leaves above our mouths and see how high we can blow them, too.
Leaves don't feel very good going down your shirt, though.
After his nap, Hank came out to play in the leaves too! He loves looking at the cedar tree that sits next to our house, I think because it's dark and shows up well against the sky. He really does love to be outside, although you can't tell because he's always looking stunned or solemn in pictures I take of him outside.
Jed was excited to have Hank come and play and was eager to show him just how fun the leaves can be.
Poor Hank! He handled being thrown in the leaves and then having leaves thrown at him really well and didn't even cry. I think it's safe to say that Hank is going to have to be tough as Jed's little brother, because Jed wants him to participate fully in every activity!
Such a fun afternoon playing in the leaves. I am so glad we live here and get to enjoy the gorgeous autumn color.
1 comment:
Looks so fun! Beautiful colors... I love the fall :)
Post a Comment