Thursday, November 1, 2012

happy halloween

I promise, lots of pictures to come from the last two weeks. But for now, check out how ADORABLE my boys were last night!
Hank was a glow-worm for halloween. You can't see it in the light but there is a tiny flashlight at the bottom of the costume that glows. I am so tickled at my own craftiness here, if I do say so myself.  
 Jed told me he wanted to be a caterpillar for halloween. My mom and I set about making his costume while we were in Utah, and when I was 3/4 the way through, he decided to be a turtle/humpback whale/anything BUT a caterpillar. I told him he could be a colorful turtle and he was happy. Once I got the legs sewed on to the costume, he decided to be an octopus. Whatever he was, he was cute.
Home from trick-or-treating. Jed's costume got a little saggy, which is why he looks like a colorful, well-endowed cow. Hank fell asleep and will not get to eat one bit of his candy, which is as it should be.

as a side note: it was a little ambitious of me to think I could come home from a trip, adjust to a two-hour time change, feed the missionaries, do some last-minute costume adjustments and not get a twitch in my eye all in a 48 hour period of time. Which is why these pictures are blurry and you see random arms and legs that don't belong to any of us in them. But we were glad to have the elders over last night and I think they really enjoyed watching Jed's antics in his costume. It was a fun night.

No comments: