Saturday, November 24, 2012

Snowy Saturday

We woke up to a skiff of snow this morning and Jed immediately wanted to go outside and play--in his jammies. Since this is the first snow of the year, he hasn't had anything to do with his new snowboots before today and the adjustment wasn't pretty.
 
Jed is SO resistant to changes in footwear. Whenever he gets a new pair of shoes, be it flip-flops, play shoes or what-have-you, he throws an enormous fit about wearing them for the first time. Today was no exception.
I think he has to adjust to the way they feel on his feet. We all have a breaking-in process when it comes to new shoes; a major fit is part of Jed's.
 
After a few minutes, he and Lightning were ready to go out and enjoy the tiny bit of snow.

 Jed played with his car in the snow for a few minutes and then was ready to come in and eat breakfast. Dave made his standard Saturday breakfast burritoes which he and I love and Jed tolerates for the tortillas. But this morning, Jed saw the dismal bread I made yesterday (I tried adding gluten to my standard recipe but I didn't put it in at the right time and my bread refused to raise. I also think barometric pressure may have had something to do with it, but I'm not sure. At any rate, it was a complete failure) and wanted to eat that instead. Dave offered him a slice but Jed insisted on having a whole loaf for breakfast.
 
He seemed to enjoy it, even if it was horribly hard to chew. Jed is definitely a bread lover, so I guess it comes as no surprise that he would be delighted with a whole loaf to himself.
 
How do you help your kids adjust to new shoes? And when do you add gluten to your bread dough?

1 comment:

breanneryanmurray said...

i LOVE that you caught that on camera, lol!! ;)