Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Captain Ahab

Today is Jed's second day in a row of having school cancelled. We were both pretty disappointed this morning. As much as I enjoy having Jed home each day, it is nice to have some uninterrupted time to pay bills, work on an upcoming lesson for Relief Society (ahem), play one-on-one with Hank or do some sewing. And I know that while Jed enjoys being home, he likes to be with his friends and teachers at school, play with the toys there, and receive different stimulation than he gets at home. Plus, since the weather is rotten, it is hard to go outside to relieve our boredom.
 
Today, while he was helping me do laundry in the basement, Jed found a new toy to play with.
 Dave's extra-long ski pole!
 Jed told me "I'm going to be like the guy with the hammerhead sharks!" We have watched a movie on Netflix about hammerhead sharks where one of the handlers uses a pole to move the sharks around in a tank, and I guess it really made an impact!
 He stabbed and thrusted at the boxes for about half an hour and had THE BEST time.
When he got done, he was breathing hard and he looked like he had burned off a frustration or two. I am glad that he can come up with his own fun, even stuck indoors on a boring snow day. I may need to scrounge up a few more boxes for future sharky adventures!

1 comment:

Tara said...

What a smart boy! He is getting so big!