Thursday, January 24, 2013

catching up again

I really, really dislike having to play catch-up. I like to be on top of things, whether it be my morning routine, household chores, projects, callings at church, and especially this blog. This time, however, it is not MY fault that I have to play catch-up. For the past week, Blogger has been giving me fits when it comes to uploading pictures. So, once again, you are getting a bunch of random pictures. Hopefully whatever the problem was, it won't happen again, so I can continue to keep you updated.
 
We finally got the iTouch that Dave and I have been dreaming of for a year and a half. I absolutely love it. I have been using it to track my caloric intake, listen to talks from church leaders while I cook and clean, and especially to take silly pictures of the boys. I need to sync it with my iTunes so I can actually listen to some music with it! Anyway, here are some funny pictures I've taken lately:
(Please ignore my horrible hair--this was pretty early and I didn't have my face on or my hair done yet.) I LOVE Hank's chubbiness and have to squeeze it as much as possible. He loves to be naked, so that works out nicely.
 Hank loves to play on the floor naked. It's basically how he spends most of his tummy time. He likes to watch himself in the mirror and turn in circles to play with his various toys. I love his Michellin Man arms and squeezable bum.

 Oh my goodness, Hank is FIVE MONTHS old now! He is very close to sitting up on his own, has two teeth on the bottom, has rolled over by himself once, and sleeps consistently for 10 hours at night. I am finally back to feeling like a human being, instead of a sleep-deprived lunatic! He is starting to take a longer nap in the morning as well, which means I can buckle down and get something done occasionally.
 At his doctor's appointment two weeks ago, he weighed 18 pounds, was 26 inches long, and tried to eat the paper on the exam room bench. His bald spot in the back is starting to fill in nicely and he LOVES his toes.
Hank has a great sense of humor. He loves to laugh, to be tickled and to play. Above, we were playing one afternoon. I think he liked having my arm squish his neck, because he would laugh and laugh when I pulled him close to me for a smooch. He LOVES it when Jed talks to him and plays with him. My favorite time of day is when both boys are awake and playing together. Jed is so kind to Hank and always speaks very gently to him. He is good at finding toys for Hank to play with and likes to show Hank his special toys.
 What a fine boy Jed is turning into lately. His vocabulary is growing exponentially and he has opinions on everything. Some days the best words to describe Jed are defiant and contrary, but we are working through them. Other days the best words for Jed are sweet and delightful, and we are so happy to have them! Above, you can see he was very intent on having some tomatoes for breakfast.
I made my own hot chocolate mix last week since I haven't been able to go to the cannery for quite a while. Like Jed's vocabulary, it grew exponentially too! But it turned out VERY yummy. We will be enjoying it for many mornings to come--you can see Jed is truly thrilled about that.

We have been fairly busy lately. I need to take some more pictures of what we've been up to. Since Monday was Civil Rights day, Dave had a day off and he built me some more shelves in our basement. I cleaned out the Relief Society cupboards at the church and came home with mountains of fabric and yarn to go through. Sorting everything yielded me a couple of fun projects that I will try to share with you here. I dyed a set of sheets and they turned out surprisingly beautiful. Dave gave me an excellent Christmas present that I need to post, because it has been six and a half years in the making. And I need to give you some new recipes as well! Hopefully Blogger will continue to cooperate so I don't have to be continually playing catch-up!

1 comment:

breanneryanmurray said...

The boys are looking Adorable!! love this round of pics!! :D