Finally, finally, FINALLY we got some snow! Enough to sled on, anyway. I really don't know who was more excited, Dave or Jed. I only know that as soon as breakfast was eaten and our Saturday chores were done, Dave and Jed bundled themselves up and went out for a few rides down the hill behind our house.
Jed loves to be pulled in the sled. Doesn't love hauling the sled up the hill very much at all. He was so anxious for Dave to pull him around that he jumped on the sled in the house. It took some major convincing to get him off long enough to take it out the door!After lunch and a good nap for Hank, we all bundled up and went back out for some more sledding.
Hank has outgrown the "technicolor dreamcoat" and moved on to the Michelin Man suit. I can't believe how big he is! He has plenty of room in the arms, as you can see, but not a ton of room in the feet. Dave always calls him Randy when he wears it, like the little brother in A Christmas Story, since he can barely move his arms. And then Jed gets after us, because he has a boy in his class at school named Randey. He says "that is NOT Randey! That is baby Hank!"
Ready to be pulled up the hill again.
The hill is more long than steep, so it doesn't make for the best sledding runs, but it is close and Jed has a blast, and that's what's important, right? You can see Jed had already gone down once and is a tiny speck between the big bush and the pine tree.
Hank got a kick out of riding up the hill in the sled. He was really interested in all those colors, too.
Hank and I took a run down the hill. I am not sure he appreciated the wind in his face, but we had fun!
Dave hardly ever gets to sled because he is always pulling Jed around.
Another successful run
Dave and Hank getting ready to go
Heeeeerrrrreee he comes!
I just LOVE Hank's fat cheeks. I seriously have the cutest boys!
After about 40 minutes, Hank had had enough and was ready for another nap. I took him in and Jed and Dave stayed out for over an hour. They had a great time.
When it was time for them to come in, Jed had to come and get me and show me how he likes to eat snow and have a beard like Santa. His cheeks were SO COLD! I guess that's what you get when you continually shove your face into a snowbank. I had hot chocolate and homemade pretzels waiting for them to eat while they were warming up. I am so glad we finally got enough snow to do some sledding! I love watching Jed have such a good time, and it was so cute to see Hank's reaction to the sled. Such a fun day!
1 comment:
fun! we love sledding, but the past two times we have tried to go with our girls, they mostly screamed the whole time! :-P
Post a Comment