Here is a little bit of what we've been up to lately:
Hank graduated from his cradle to the crib about 3 months ago, when his arms got long enough to stick through the bars on the cradle. He looked so much like a prisoner that it was ridiculous, so I got myself in gear to finish the crib sheets I started back in May (sigh) and finally we had enough bedding so he could sleep in the crib! Jed thinks it's great that Hank has the crib and climbs in with him very occasionally.
They both think it's great fun.
We had beautiful snow last Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Then it rained Monday evening and all day Tuesday and most of Wednesday and washed it all away. But for a while, it actually felt like winter in Michigan!
We got about three inches overnight, and it was hilarious to see all of our neighbors cranking up their snow blowers.
Tuesday, with the rain and the temperatures hovering right around freezing, the school districts decided to cancel school. Since it was closed Monday because of the snow as well, we really had some cabin fever. Jed and I did a little project with pouring different amounts of water into glasses and banging on them with a spoon to hear the different tones the glasses made, and that evolved into just playing in the water.
He had a BLAST and played in the water til he and the kitchen were completely soaked. He wasn't real thrilled about helping to clean up, but he did it.
Finally, some people in our branch have about 60 chickens and they are laying wonderfully. They always give us 3 or 4 dozen eggs at a time. It has been so nice! We've been eating German pancakes, scrambled eggs, quiche, lots of yummy eggy things. The other morning, I opened up a new carton to make scrambled eggs and this was the sight that greeted me:
Such a beautiful way to start the day. I CANNOT wait til I can have chickens of my own someday!
1 comment:
i know what you mean!! i want chickens so bad too!! i even picked out a spot for our coop, now to convince the landlord that it's not a big deal, lol! :)
Post a Comment