Wednesday, March 20, 2013

a little road rally

Friday Hank got ahold of Jed's Big Lightning and was so thrilled! He loves to look at Big Lightning and suck on his wheels. However, his excitement was short-lived, since Jed caught him almost immediately. I encouraged Jed to share one of his other cars with Hank, and Jed surprised me by giving him Old Big Lightning. (Yes, we have two of the exact same car. Old Big Lightning has been well loved and is missing 3 wheels and his spoiler. New Big Lightning has been treated with much care and even still has his bubble bath inside!) Jed then decided that it would be fun to drive cars on the couch with Hank.
 Jed took one of the cushions off the couch and Big Lightning had a great time driving next to Hank while Hank chewed on and examined OLB.
 I heard Jed say "this is how you drive, Hank! This is what a car says: Brrrrrrrrr! Big Lightning is going so fast!"
I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see these two playing together and to hear Jed teaching Hank how to play. Jed has come SUCH a long way in his interaction with other kids, and to have him willingly play with Hank in an imaginative way just makes me want to weep with joy. I am so grateful for my boys!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

no kidding. it is amazing and touching. love it.