Thursday, March 21, 2013

Seven Months Old

Hank is seven months old! At his last doctor's appointment (10 days ago) he weighed 19 pounds 11 ounces (75th percentile), was 27.5 inches tall (50th percentile) and his head was 17 inches around (40th percentile). He is totally prospering and doing well. Hank started eating solid foods in February and so far enjoys oatmeal and barley cereals, lentils, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, butternut squash, applesauce, bananas, blueberries, green beans, avocadoes, carrots, graham crackers, pretzel sticks (the fat ones) and homemade teething biscuits. This boy is crazy about food. He feels slighted if he is not eating the whole time we are at the table for a meal.
 
I love being able to have some one on one time with Hank while Jed is at school 4 days a week. I have very fond memories of all the time Jed and I spent when he was this age and we lived in Dillon, and I love being able to do the same things with Hank. I especially enjoy just sitting and talking to him after his first nap.


 If you look at the clock in all the above pictures, you can see that all of his emotions happened within a minute of each other. He is such a funny, mercurial boy!

The other morning Hank was feeling especially barfy. Dave wrapped him up like this to keep his clothes clean and Hank thought it was spectacularly funny.
 Hank with silly hair after his bath
Hank is so good to sit on the counter and hang out with me while I am in the kitchen. He loves to play with spoons, rings from mason jars, the fruit in the bowl...basically anything he can get his chubby hands on. He is especially fond of plastic bags (eek!) and is filled with triumph when he nabs one I have not put far enough out of reach.
 He is so flexible! He loves this polka-dot burp cloth and was giving it some love, but apparently it was too hard to pick it up to do so. 
 I say it all the time, but we are so truly blessed to have this sweet jolly boy in our family. He brings us so much joy!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

haha I saw your rooster print above the counter! that kiddo is soo cute! what a round little ball of adorable. and dave's puke-wrap is hysterical.