Yes, just like with Valentine's Day, I am trying to be better about documenting our craft projects. It's so thrilling, I know, but taking the pictures and posting them here saves me from having to keep the actual crafts from year to year! That way we can make them again next year. And just like with Valentine's Day, most of these projects came from Pinterest.
I didn't do a great job of documenting #1 at all, so you'll just have to bear with me. The first project we made were "texture shamrocks." I traced a shamrock on to green paper, then assembled green yarn, felt, and buttons, and Jed and I glued the different texture bits to our cut-out shamrocks. It was actually really fun to talk about the way the different things felt. Jed's shamrock ended up with only felt and buttons because he does NOT like getting glue on his fingers, and the yarn is too small to keep his fingers from getting dirty. Now that I am writing about this, it dawns on me that I have some dyed green pasta floating around that would have been a perfect addition to the shamrocks. Rats!
We did craft #2 on Monday afternoon. I snagged some paint chips from WalMart when we were running our errands and while Jed was at school, I cut off the 3 darkest colors from each paint chip. Then I drew a rainbow on a large sheet of paper and wrote in the color that was supposed to go in that section.
When I told Jed we were going to make rainbows, he immediately rattled off "red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple!" He constantly surprises me with how much he knows.
Our glue had grown legs and wandered away, so while I was searching for it, Jed matched up the colors to the spaces they belonged. He was really proud of himself.
Then we continued gluing all the paint chips in the sections until we had a whole rainbow! At first Jed wanted to stick the colors any old place, since the only places that were labeled were in the center of each section. But I found that if I drew a colored line along the entire section, he got the gist of what was supposed to happen. I have some yellow and gold fluffers that I wanted to glue to the bottom, but we needed a change of pace after we got all the paint chips attached, so we will save that for another day.
Above, you can see both our finished rainbow and our texture shamrocks. I thought both of these were really fun little crafts. Jed was super excited to show Dave his rainbow when Dave got home from work that night. It is so nice for him to have something physical to show off! And we are starting to look pretty festive again!
No comments:
Post a Comment