Saturday, September 21, 2013

Back to school

Jed's first day of school was Monday. We got to go to the school on Thursday to tour the classroom and meet the teachers and have a mini-day at school. Jed is in the same classroom with the same teachers as last year, so he wasn't nervous at all. Sunday night we reminded him he'd be going to school the next day and he wanted to sleep with his backpack. We let him lay with it for a while, but he couldn't go to sleep, so we had to take it away. Monday morning he jumped out of bed, got dressed and immediately put his backpack on again. He ate breakfast with it on and everything.
 I love this boy!
Off to school! I was so pleased--he went right to his locker, put everything away and lined up for the trip to the bathroom and cafeteria like a champ. He didn't cry or fuss or anything! And neither did I--what a well behaved mama!

Dave was off Monday, so we got several chores done while Jed was at school and Hank was napping. We picked Jed up from school and went to the "big city" to do some shopping--all of Jed's pants are too short and he needed new ones, but we hadn't had a chance to go shopping until then. I felt bad doing this to Jed but he was a great sport about it.
He was so tuckered out--he fell asleep in the car after about 20 minutes. Before he crashed, he told us all about his day--playing with the legos and the tool bench, reading stories and playing on the playground. I am so happy for the school year to have started. Jed has awesome teachers and it's so nice to be back in our routine!

No comments: