Here I am, playing catch up again. Many of these photos are ones that I sent to Dave while he was gone last month on his fire assignment.
The first Sunday Dave was gone we went on a walk after church. Jed is getting way too big to ride in the double jogger, but he is very reluctant to walk. So I put Hank in the umbrella stroller and Jed got to push. He was thrilled. Hank cracks me up in this little muscle man outfit. He was having so much fun leaning on our bird-feeder hook.
Hank, Jed and I the day we went to pick up Uncle Roro from the airport.
Dave is in charge of bath time at our house, and I have never been so glad to relinquish a chore when he got back. I use bath time to do all the chores I don't want to do when the boys are in bed. It is amazing how much I get done in that 20-30 minute stretch of time--sweeping, picking up toys, cleaning the other bathroom, dishes in the dishwasher, etc. My nighttime routine stretched so much longer when I was bathing the boys AND doing all the cleanup after they went to bed. I sent Dave this photo to remind him of the joy was waiting for him when returned. This hair style is called "I barely have time to shower, let alone blow-dry my hair." I actually like it and I'm amazed at how curly my hair has gotten! The humidity definitely helps.
The day before Dave came home, we had Hank's year-old well-baby visit with our awesome pediatrician. Jed loves the doctor toys she has and had so much fun listening to Hank's heart and taking his blood pressure! Dr. Jo let Jed use the real stethoscope when she came in, and he loved really hearing Hank's heartbeat.
Hank is quite the champ! At his one month visit, he was 30 inches tall (75th percentile), 26 pounds (97th percentile) and his head was 17 cm around (50th percentile). He has 10 teeth and is the picture of health.
Jed got this little lego car set from the school back at Christmas. I hid it away for a rainy day and we pulled it out a few days before Dave came home when we couldn't take the boredom any more. We had a blast putting it together and he drove it around for quite a while. It has gradually lost more and more pieces until it is just the chassis now, but he still loves it.
There is a little playground fairly close to our house and sometimes at the end of our morning walks, we will stop to play. The boys always have a great time.
When Dave got home, Jed followed him around like a little shadow and they did EVERYTHING together. I don't remember what Dave was measuring, but Jed had to be involved as well. Since Jed had his Mater hat on, Dave needed one too. This is the hat Jed brought him. You have NEVER seen a family more thrilled to be reunited!
Jed at the dentist before school started. He had fun watching cartoons on the tv on the ceiling but did NOT want his teeth flossed. Hank found this baby hat when he was helping me go through the boxes of too-small clothes and wanted to put it on. He thought he was so funny!
Hank can drink from a cup by himself now! He does SUCH a great job and it is soooooo nice to have him help himself. We have a few more spills but I would gladly wipe up any amount of water in exchange for the chance to feed and water myself. And, we painted the high chair! I LOVE this new color. So cheerful!












No comments:
Post a Comment