Monday, September 9, 2013

beautiful garden bounty

Our garden is producing so many delicious veggies right now! Daily we harvest cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, zucchini (although not as many as I had hoped, sadly), and peppers. Jed loves helping to find the veggies, especially the cherry and pear tomatoes. I love his enthusiasm.
 A prize tomato!
Here is an example of what we're getting lately. Although the cucumbers and squash are starting to slow down. For a while we were completely drowning in cucumbers. I made bread and butter pickles and they are delicious. And I also made dill refrigerator pickles which I will share with you on Wednesday. Just because I am so tickled with them!

I feel so blessed that even in our tiny grow boxes, we are able to grow so many delicious things to feed our family. It is just a little reinforcement of my testimony that when we do what the Lord asks us to (plant a garden, be self-sufficient) He enables us to succeed and multiplies the outcome.

No comments: