Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fifteen Months

Tomorrow Hank will be fifteen months old. Time is flying by! Hank is becoming a bit of a "big boy" and it is so adorable and totally heartbreaking at the same time. I don't remember Jed doing the "big boy" thing until much later, and I am unprepared for it with Hank. It is so sweet, but where is my baby?! I miss him. And yet, it so much fun to watch Hank becoming his own little person. Every day is a new adventure.
 
Today's post is a bit of a photo-dump. For some reason, I am just not feeling bloggy lately, and don't have the motivation--or the time!--to post about every little thing. Hank is a busy boy so there are lots of photos!
Saturday we went to the Tawas Point State Park for a little break from our house. Afterwards, we had to go to WalMart, of course. On the way home, we split a Kit-Kat bar. Hank devoured his and then fell asleep. This is what I found when I opened the car door to get him out.
 Hank has discovered that the trash cupboard is a great place to play. He opens the door, flings the trash can aside and crawls inside.

 He loves to hide in there, and sometimes we will even close the door and then he'll throw it open to surprise us. It's so cute.
 We are working a little bit on teaching him his body parts. He knows his ears very well.
He will point to his mouth and cover his eyes if Dave does it, but Hank doesn't know them on his own yet.
 Here, he is being a STRONG boy. I wish you could hear the grunt he does when he does this--it is too funny. 
 Just like Jed, Hank has lovely lips, and he can pucker up so well. We always know he's interested in something because he puckers up and says "OOOOooooohhhh!"
 Hank is becoming a much more confident walker, although he won't go for long distances on his own. 6 steps is his current maximum. Once he gets behind his little push-cart, he will go forever! Last week we enjoyed some time outside and he surprised me with how far he was willing to go.
 Oops!
 Taking a rest in the road
 Chasing Jed. When Hank walks, he is so excited! Yesterday we went out again and he yelled "La la la ra rah ra ma ma ma pa pa da da" the whole time. He is just so happy to be on the move.
 Hank loves to climb and sit on things now. I was sorting out all the too-small clothes last week and turned to find him perched happily on the bucket, pulling various tubes of ointment out of the basket on the changing table.
 Hank LOVES to read. He has his particular favorites and he will pull all the books off the shelf until he finds the one he's looking for. Then he'll settle into a comfy spot and do some reading. He also loves to be read to, but you have to go at his pace. And continuity matters not at all.
Here is one of those "big boy" things I am talking about. Dave will massage my back with a tennis ball a couple of times a day because it is still getting better, and Sunday night, Hank took the ball from Dave and began rolling it around on my back. I am so amazed at his level of understanding.
 Hank loves to bounce in this yellow chair. It is old and ugly and in need of a reupholstering job, but it has GREAT springs. He will climb up and bounce for a long time.
  Awww, this photo melts my heart. I love the sweet expression on his face here. Just like Dave and Jed, Hank has a very tender, caring heart. I love how much he loves Baby Bear.
What a sweet, darling boy! I am so glad to have Hank in our family and watch him grow.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I have loved reading all your blog posts this evening! I don't know how I missed them all but I am guessing that I forgot you went private and I just haven't seen it updating. Your life just looks so beautiful! Love ya!