For Christmas, our neighbors gave the boys some cute stuffed animals and fleece blankets. The boys have a great time playing with their animals but since we have so many blankets already, the new ones were just cluttering up our linen closet. I decided to use the fleece to make Hank a pair of reversable pants. He can use pants since spring seems to never be coming, and also because all of Jed's hand-me-downs from that stage are shorts. Go figure.
Making the pairs of pants was easy. Making them reversable? Not so much, mostly because I am foolish. I ended up sewing them together incorrectly about 3 times. Unpicking fleece = supremely frustrating. I thought about doing a tutorial on how to do this but then I stabbed my finger with my seam ripper and cried and abandoned the tutorial idea. Anyway, they finally worked and Hank LOVES his turtle pants. I can't ever get him to wear the reverse side because he sees the turtles and wants to look at them. But the other side of these pants are darker blue.
And can I just say...I am so happy to be blogging again! I was having the MOST RIDICULOUS time with blogger and chrome. Finally my brilliant sister recommended trying Firefox and life is much better. So hold on to your hats--I have a lot of catching up to do!
1 comment:
those pants are so darling! And Hank looks so chipper to be in them!
Post a Comment