Jed's bus driver has become my good friend. Last year she asked me to make a hat for her nephew and this year he has grown and needs a new one. I thought about a few different ideas and allowed her to choose which one she liked the best. She decided on a froggy hat and I got to work. It took me a little longer to get it done than I'd like, but finally I finished.
I know it looks like the cheeks and smile are crooked in this picture, but they're straight--I think the hat is just turned a little. Anyway, I am so pleased with how it turned out.
The only thing I would change is to have sewn the buttons on before I joined the front and back sections of the eyes so the thread isn't visible on the back. I usually save the eyes for last on any hat I make, so I will know better next time! Hank had to be my patient model while I made this hat--he is about 6 months older than Jaime's nephew and she wanted him to be able to wear it for a long time, so I made it plenty big. Hank looks so cute and I know the intended recipient will too!
No comments:
Post a Comment