Friday, August 8, 2014

my cute Jed

I have been having such a great summer with Jed. It is so fun to have him home all day! We have mostly taken it easy this summer, but now that August has rolled around, we are trying to do some handwriting worksheets again and spending more time coloring with a purpose. Jed's attention span to something other than what he has chosen is very short, so I am working on that with him.

Jed has learned about the agony of online shopping! We ordered a toy that he is very excited about online on Monday, and he has checked the mailbox about 25 times since then, hoping it would have arrived. I keep telling him it is coming from far away and he will have to be patient for a little while longer, but he isn't convinced. Waiting for something you're excited for is SO hard! 

Jed has an amazing imagination, and he often has outfits or props to go with whatever he's pretending to be. Here Jed is pretending to be a Minion, from the Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2 movies:
He loves to wear his overalls and his "minion goggle" anywhere and everywhere. He has been to the farmers market like this several times and we receive all sorts of stares and complements. Jed also loves to pretend to be a bird (borrowing two handkerchiefs from the drawer for his wings) and Leonardo the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, which requires a green shirt. He longs for a purple headband but I don't have any purple fabric that will do the job, although the fabric drawers have been searched. I will need to remedy this. He loves to pretend to be Sammy the turtle, and has one specific shirt that is his turtle shell. He will wear it for days on end (taking it out of the laundry if necessary) and has such a hard time if he can't wear it.

Jed also loves to pretend to be a frog. We have some good friends who live in Utah during the school year and out here at their lake house during the summer. We all love to go and play with Josh, Catherine, and Sarah at their lake. Saturday we went and had a lake day and Jed was pretending to be a frog, eating a lillypad. He got a little distracted and accidentally bit his finger instead of the lillypad! It was quite tragic.

Jed is a great helper when he wants to be. He is really great at putting away the silverware and picking up rocks. Dave has been doing some much-needed maintenance on both the Rodeo and the truck and Jed has been quite a good helper.
His primary teacher found his class these cute little "hardhats" and Jed was so excited to wear his "working hat" so he could be safe as he helped Daddy.

I love this boy so very much! I am really enjoying watching him grow and seeing his personality develop. I am so blessed to be his mama!

No comments: