Hank has become such a big boy recently. He switched over to a toddler bed after our trip to Colorado in September and has been successful in staying put each night from the get-go. He misses Jed during the school day but definitely relishes having me all to himself. He is a good helper with chores but is quite insistent that we stop to read stories regularly. He has started speaking in much longer sentences and often surprises me with what he has to say. He is also pretty independent, willing to stay in the basement on his own for longer stretches, and is fine to stay in the backyard if Jed and I have to chase down the bus in the morning. He can put on a shirt by himself and is very vocal about what he wants to wear each day. He shares Jed's love of striped shirts and mis-matched socks, so we are usually an odd looking bunch when we go out together. Hank loves to color and will happily sit and go through several pages in a coloring book while Jed does a bit of homework. He is really good at feeding himself and I am thoroughly enjoying a {probably short} period of good eating by both children. Hank loves to help feed the fish but is a little too enthusiastic in doing so, which has probably contributed to the death of some of our fish.
Here are some other cute or funny things Hank has been up to recently:
For days afterwards, Hank would come up to me and say "Killer soft! Killer nice! I pet Killer! Killer sooooffffttt."
Hank has absolutely inherited his mama's sweet tooth. After a rather hectic morning running errands, I decided to grab some lunch from McDonalds, and got a small shake for Hank and I to share. Hank drank most of it, and then when the whipped cream melted, he drank that too! I thought his sweet mug was too cute not to photograph.
He had it all over his forehead and everything!
Hank really enjoys watching movies (no surprise there) and I really have to restrict him to one movie or show a day. Somehow he doesn't become quite so lost in movies as Jed did, and has no problem switching from movie world to the real world. Although Cars is Hank's current favorite, he really loves Tangled as well. Above, he was pretending to be Rapunzel with her tiara. He put the diving ring on his head, stood on the bench, and told me "I da wost pincess!" Ugh, as I mentioned, Hank has my sweet tooth. Sweet TEETH is more accurate. After a nap one Sunday, he came downstairs and Dave set him up with the few remaining Skittles in the bag. His mouth was too full for him to smile but rest assured, he was thrilled. We have all got to do something about our sugar intake. I know, Mom.
Last week, I got hit with a MAJOR sinus thing. It wasn't so much a cold as just my head filled with snot and refused to go anywhere. The pressure/pain was shocking. Dave graciously stayed home so the house didn't come crashing down around us. Hank had a bit of whatever Jed had earlier in the month, so he was content to lay on the couch with us and rest. One minute we were all contentedly watching a show about beavers, and the next minute I looked over and my men were out.
I love spending my days with Hank! I am beginning to think about potty training, but so far, he isn't interested. I really enjoy reading to, coloring with, and just being with this darling little man! I am so lucky to be his mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment