Jed is so much fun lately! He seems to have turned a corner and is doing really well in kindergarten. He can recognize and write several sight words and eagerly points them out whenever he sees them. Last night, I took him with me to vote. He stood at the kiosk next to me and he must have thought that the white surface of the kiosk, not to mention the capless fine-tip pen chained there, was a white board. I was in the middle of voting for our state representatives when Jed pulled on my sleeve and said "Mommy, look, I wrote 'look!'" Sure enough, l-o-o-k was written beautifully across the voting kiosk surface. I told him he did a great job, offered him a wet wipe to clean up the "white board" and gave him a piece of paper to write on while I finished voting. He wrote happily until I was finished. Be still my heart!!
Here are some other great things (or funny things) Jed has been up to recently:
We finally decided to add to our family again! Yes, we got some pets. Fish this time, because I have finally accepted my limitations. We started out with 7 fish and are now going strong with 3 (we have also had some very poignant moments around the toilet before pushing the lever). But these pictures here were taken the first day we got the fish. Jed was absolutely in love with his fish. He named them Sunshine, Fishey, and Dewey. The tetras are so small he ignores them (thank goodness, cause they all died after getting ich) and our algae eater blends in so well that we all kind of forget he's there.
That yellow blur is Fishey, Jed's favorite.
Jed got sick the 2nd week in October. He spent that Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at home, running a fever, coughing pitifully and refusing to eat. I really enjoyed snuggling with my boys and watching movies with them while nursing Jed and pouring juice. Hank was happy to have Jed home but not very sympathetic to his plight, so he kept poking and bothering him. Jed would try to fend him off feebly and then say "Hank, you're getting a yellow light. Weave me awone." Apparently when someone misbehaves in his classroom, they get their name moved to a yellow light. Although sick, Jed certainly enjoyed giving Hank yellow lights!
Playing in the leaves with Dave
This is one of my very favorite things lately. Jed brought it home from school yesterday--it is his latest self-portrait and signature. I absolutely adore the way he's drawn himself. It's kind of hard to see, but there are little fingers and everything.I LOVE this boy. He still has his moments, but they are fewer and farther between. I feel like some of my constant prayers are having effects, mostly on my patience. Jed makes us laugh and surprises us every single day. He is witty and bright and so, so much fun. I am so glad to be his mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment