Jed turned six right before Christmas. Somehow six seems so much older than five and I had a hard time believing that my little Christmas baby could be such a big boy. He had really been looking forward to his birthday, especially after I got to open my presents the week before and he still had to wait!
When I asked him what kind of cake he would like, he told me "a poison dart frog cake." Hmmmmmm. As I pondered and discussed, I decided the easiest thing to do would be to put some frogs on the cake.
I made Jed wait while Dave brought in the cake, and the look on his face was priceless. He was thrilled with all the frogs and spent quite a while pointing out his favorites.
Jed got two large Cars2 cars (Francesco Bernoulli and Miguel Camino, for those of you who care) and more striped socks to go with his new lace-up shoes. His favorite present of all turned out to be all the frogs on his cake. We sang and blew out the candle, ate cake, and played with toys for a while before fulfilling Jed's birthday request--dinner at his favorite restaurant, Los Quatro Amigos, and a visit to the local Ben Franklin's, where he used birthday money to buy a large {pretend} turtle he's been wanting for a loooong time. He had a great birthday!
I am so glad Jed was born during a big snowstorm six years ago, making me a mommy. I love this boy and am so grateful for everything he teaches me. Happy Birthday, Jed! I love you dearly!
1 comment:
I love the cake!!
Post a Comment