Easter weekend for us also meant General Conference this year. General Conference can be hard for little ones. It's a lot of sitting and listening. Since we are two time zones ahead of Salt Lake City, we have the ability to get outside and burn off some energy before Conference starts each day. I also prepared plenty of coloring pages, a Conference bingo game, and fill-in-the-tie pages. Jed loved the tie pages especially and had such a good time coloring all the speakers' ties and even made himself one!
He requested that we call him "president Jed" for the rest of Conference.
Saturday night, before the Priesthood Session, we decorated eggs. I tried steaming the eggs this year instead of hard-boiling them. I wanted to see if steaming them would yield an easier-to-peel egg, not to mention less broken shells. It worked well on both counts.
Jed and I did some of the little plastic sleeves that you stick to eggs with boiling water. He loved watching them suction to the eggs. Jed was a lot more patient and methodical about dyeing eggs this year. It was so cute!
Hank also really enjoyed dyeing eggs this year. He wanted to add glitter to all the freshly-dyed eggs, or stickers to the dry ones. He LOVED doing eggs...
...and was so heartbroken when we were finished. Poor guy!
He got a little more cheerful when I let him take a few selfies. Funny boy!
I love this time of year--time to enjoy spring, the reassuring and encouraging messages from beloved leaders, the beautiful truths of the Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior, and also time to sneak in a nap and eat HAM. It was a fulfilling weekend in very many ways!
No comments:
Post a Comment