Hank is like a weather vane right now. He is either wonderful and fun, full of laughter and hilarious antics, OR he is wretched, crying and picking fights and whining all the time. I try hard to keep him swung the happy way, and generally our days together are very pleasant. Especially when he gets his way--ha!
Hank loves his pink "gwasses" and wears them often. Above, he and Dave were shredding old tax documents and Hank decided he needed some eye protection. Below, Hank and I were heading out on our morning walk. He doesn't like it when the sun gets in his eyes, so he decided he needed some protection.
My friend Angel came and took pictures of Hank and several little friends for my Gallopin' Goose "store." I will have more info on that (and a gagillion more pictures) later, but I couldn't resist posting this darling one of Hank. His sweet little hands!
Hank is a fearless rider of the rocking horse. He loves to ride hard and be daring, especially while watching Toy Story 2, his latest favorite. He likes to be like Woody. Thursday afternoon he was rocking away when suddenly, his beloved steed bucked him off. He crashed to the floor with the horse on top of him. When I freed him, he had a huge scratch on his forehead.
Poor guy! We snuggled for a good long while, then he dried his tears on his blankie and went back to riding. What a toughie!
Hank continues to ignore any potty training efforts. He is a big fan of the froggy potty as a hat though!
Hank is learning about biting. Thursday (a particularly rough day) he was frustrated with Jed about something, so he bit him. Jed immediately howled and both boys cried. Later, Hank got mad again, but having learned his lesson about biting other people, decided to bite himself instead. He came to me with a big wet mark on his shirt and tears streaming down his cheeks. Life is so hard when you're on the cusp of being a "threenager."
I have so much fun with Hank! He loves to sing, especially the Oxcart song. He loves to play dinosaurs with me, to put my yarn in "jail" when I'm crocheting and he thinks I should be reading to him, he loves to color and draw, and he loves to be with me. I am so grateful for this sweet boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment