Monday, April 27, 2015

the boys' new bedroom

Back at the beginning of March, we decided to change things up a little bit upstairs. The boys' old room gets extremely cold, since that corner of the house gets all the wind. We thought the boys would be warmer in the room that had been the sewing room, and I wanted a chance to go through things and get organized. It was more work than I had anticipated, but it has been totally worth it. 
 We took the opportunity to put Hank in a twin bed and bunk them. I was a little worried about Jed falling off the top bunk but so far he's been fine. We thought he did once, but it turned out that it was Hank falling out of his bed.

 The room definitely isn't Pinterest Perfect, but it works perfectly for the boys. I really do intend to paint their nightstand and dressers, but I am not willing to take on that much painting and sanding without a garage.
My favorite thing about the boys' room is this little canvas we painted together. I painted the blue background, Jed dictated which type of sea creatures he wanted on the canvas, Dave drew them, and Jed and Hank painted the animals. The octopus only has seven legs because Hank got bored, the turtle has a mangled flipper, and it is absolutely wonderful. The boys are both so proud of it and it fits the "theme" (such as it is) of their room to a T.

No comments: