Wednesday, May 21, 2008

...and, we're back!

Just in case you've been wonderin if I'm still around, the answer is yes. We moved from Almo back to Rexburg for Dave to finish up his final two semesters on April 12th, and have been busy getting settled since then. Also, we don't have the internet at our apartment since ISPs want you to sign a 1-year service contract and we're only going to be in Rexburg until the end of December. I am adjusting to not reading my "celeb gossip" and checking my email as often (thanks to my sister-in-law Ruth for letting me check it at her house). It has made me feel diconnected from the rest of the world, but considering some of the stuff that's going on lately, I think it's better if I'm in the dark! Just kidding--I hate being an uninformed citizen.

What is going on with us currently? Dave is taking 12 credits this summer and is working on campus. He is enjoying fixing people's leaky faucets and faulty stoves, and he's learning to talk like a "Spanish Fag" from his spanish Lit teacher. (His words, not mine) He is also building me another bow since the one I had this winter died an early death. I am staying at home, working in our garden and making cards that are for sale at the general store in Almo. I will be going to work at the Camp New Fork BSA Camp on June 12th as the handicraft director. Watch out boy scouts! I'll be teaching all the basketry, leather work and woodworking merit badges, and possibly the birdwatching merit badge as well. Should be fun. In my spare time up there, I plan on doing a few crochet projects and taking lots of walks.

If you want to see what else we've been up to, hop over to Peter and Amanda's page to see an awesome video of Dave-the-velociraptor catching a frizbee and all the family hanging out at Castle Rocks State Park.

No comments: