Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our Secret

Hi All! I'm back after 8 weeks at Camp New Fork, a BSA camp in the Wind River mountains in Wyoming. It was the BEST summer, aside from the fact that Dave wasn't up there all the time. Seriously, working with the boy scouts and our awesome staff was so much fun. I met some awesome kids who allow me to relax about the future of our country (and some people who make me even more concerned...but moving on) and in general had a great time. There was a fire about 3 miles north of camp and it was so amazing to go out on the boat on clear nights and see the fire burning. I was priviledged to meet my fabulous friend Serena, with whom I watched many a Jane Austen movie and furthered several camp "relationships." (Probably shouldn't have done that, but it was so FUN!) It was so much fun to hang out with Sarah, Hannah, Alan and Matthew and get to know them better. And Dave and I discovered this fabulous Chinese restaurant in Pinedale (I know, Chinese in Wyoming, go figure) and enjoyed it on a regular basis. MMMMMM.

Besides working at camp, Dave and I have been keeping a secret from you all (okay, some of you already knew). We are going to have a baby! We got pregnant in March and the baby is due in December, right after Dave graduates. We had an ultrasound today and found out it is a boy. We are so excited! We are so happy to have an awesome little man come to live at our house! So here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Des said...

HOLLY JEAN! hey it's Des! Your mom sent my mom this link and my mom forwarded it to me. Thank heavens for all this technology! Anyway... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you guys! I can't believe your growing up so fast! HA HA Sounds like you guys are doing wonderful! Lots of exciting things! Working outdoors sounds like a blast! Well I am so glad to hear an update and to see you guys are so happy! Keep in touch! Luv ya!

Garlick said...

Holly, I'm so excited for you! What a great adventure you have ahead. Can't go wrong with boys...everyone is having them. Congratulations!

Sylvia said...

What wonderful news! I am very excited for you both. Kids are such a joy. I wish you the best with the rest of your pregnancy. It can be somewhat uncomfortable at times but when the baby gets here you forget all about it.

Crawford Family said...

congrats on the pregnancy! sylvia told me about your blog. i'm glad i can keep in touch with you better now.