Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lotsa Reasons to Celebrate!

This past week has been a crazy one! So many happy, wonderful things have been going on! Last Tuesday, my cousin Breanne and her husband Ryan became the proud parents of a beautiful baby girl, Heather Brylee Murray. Although it took a little while longer for her to get here than they wished, she's here now and everyone is so glad to see her. Congratulations Bre, Ryan and Heather!

Friday, my cousin Jessica got married to a fantastic guy named Derik in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Although we didn't get to go to the sealing (school is such a pain!) we got to go to the reception Saturday night in Idaho Falls. Jessica looked beautiful and we were so happy to be able to go and say hi to so many of our Colorado family! Also, the decorations and food were awesome. As a bonus, Jessica and Derik are now living in Dave's and my old apartment. We were able to sneak them in there and we are SO HAPPY to have them live there! Finally, some good renters in both apartments! Yay! Congratulations Jessica and Derik!

Also on Friday, my sister-in-law Ruth went into labor with her twins. We were all a little surprised that she went into labor because we were expecting her to have a C-section on the 16th. However, Ruth's water broke on Friday and they decided to just go ahead and have the babies right away. Aaron was at work in Big Piney, so Ruth called him and he hurried home. Ruth was stuck in a boring exam room with no TV and only lame magazines for a few hours, so Dave and I were glad we went over to visit her while she was waiting. Aaron made it home and the babies were delivered Friday night. David Warren Marshall and Donald Paul Marshall are doing well even though they are spending a little time in the NICU because of low blood sugar. We are excited for when they get to come home--should be either tomorrow or Thursday. Ruth sent the most adorable pictures of the little guys and we love them lots! Yay for Ruth, Aaron and Davey and Don!

Also on Friday (I know, crazy day!) my dad's football team won their first game of the season. Yay Salem Hills Skyhawks! The boys have been having a pretty good season--at least, they've been managing to put points on the board--but they haven't been able to win until Friday. They beat the Carbon Dinos 42 to 6. I am so happy for my dad. The week before, Dave and Hanna and I went to Utah and got to watch a ball game. The boys played hard but didn't win, and when we talked to my dad after the game, he was so discouraged--he said "We are the worst team in the state!" I don't know what kind of motivation my dad used on them--maybe they just got tired of losing--but they finally won! I am so proud of the boys and my dad. It has been tough on him, going from LP to Salem Hills, but he loves the area and the school and the boys always work really hard in practice and he's happy there. So a win is like icing on the cake. Go Skyhawks and keep up the good work!

Finally, on Sunday, Dave taught his first Sharing Time. I know this isn't a big deal to a lot of people, but it was to me. In our primary, the teachers have to do one sharing time a year, and Sunday was our turn. Dave and I have been thinking about it all week, and we had a good plan of what to do--the theme for the month is service and we had planned a great game of service charades--but we wanted our class to help. We talked to them during class and they were excited to help. Anyway, everything was going well, but I wasn't feeling great. For some reason I have been having lots of Braxton-Hicks lately and Sunday was a particularly bad day. So Dave took over and did everything by himself. I was so proud of him! He did great, and the kids loved him. I am so grateful to have such a fantastic husband. He is always looking out for me and taking care of all my needs. He is the best guy in the world. Mush!

No comments: