Thursday, November 13, 2008

Memories

I got this idea from my lovely friend Emily Sell, and I thought I would join the fun. So, go ahead and get your memories flowing!

1. Add a comment on this post of a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me briefly or we go way back, just remind me of something that sticks out for you.

2. Next, repost these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's pretty fun to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave a memory about you!

3. On your blog, put your favorite memory--it can be about anything you want.

My Favorite Memory:
It was SO HARD to pick a favorite, because I have so many. But one of my absolute favorite memories is of my dad. It was my high school graduation and suddenly I was having this major fear--I'm not really sure why, but it felt like I was on the brink of childhood and adulthood and I wasn't sure I wanted to take that step. Anyway, suddenly I HAD to see my dad. I was standing close to the faculty and I asked the spanish teacher if she knew where my dad was. She called down the row of teachers "We need Coach Morgan right now!" and all the teachers parted and my dad came running down the row with a huge smile on his face and gave me a huge hug and kiss. It was so sweet, and he made me feel so much better, like I could conquer anything. My dad really is the best dad in the whole world!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Holly, this is Becca, back from the days of Wildlife Society at BYU-I! I was going to email Bro. Stricklan to see if he had contact info for you but I decided to try googling your name first, and I found your blog! Congratulations on your marriage! You look so beautiful! Luke just asked me if I was writing an email or comment (I guess that is his subtle way of saying I am writing too much?) Anyway, you can check out my blog lrmccarney.blogspot.com, or email me at rmccarney@gmail.com if you get a chance, I would love to hear from you!