Saturday was a beautiful day, barely windy and really warm, so we played frizbee golf and Bocce ball outside and had a great time. Sunday we all went to church and swelled the ranks of the Big Piney ward and then came back to the house for chicken enchaladas, yummy salads and root-beer floats. Delicious! Dave and I made all the chicken enchaladas this past week and they turned out wonderfully. We even had some left-overs!
After lunch on Sunday, we took the opportunity to take some family pictures. The only one who was missing from the Scherbel family was Ruth's husband Aaron, who had to work. It was awesome to see us all together.
We also got some family pictures on the Morgan side--we're definitely a little smaller!
Then my mom wanted a family picture of just Dave, me and Jed (even though we took some at their house a few weeks ago. I am even wearing the same shirt! Oh well...)
As you can tell, Jed was not real happy with any of the picture-taking procedures. He is definitely like his dad in that regard! He is usually such a happy guy, but the weekend was getting too much for him--he missed the quiet and calm that normally reigns in the house, and he was definitely ready for a nap.
When we were taking pictures of the three of us, Alan decided to get in on the action. Don't we all look cute?
I was really pleased to be able to get some pictures of Jed with his Grandpa Monte and his Nonna Shauna, too. I think he was having a hard time adjusting to my dad's moustache, even though Dave has a beard. Anyway, he was intrigued by his grandpa for short bits of time, and then he wanted Dave or me.
I think these are such great pictures! And I love his outfit!
Jed does this all the time--he loves to be able to look over our shoulders. His big eyes remind me of a little creature who peers out from under a rock, or something. When he does this, I call him my Pika. Such a cutie!
Undeniably the highlight of the weekend was being able to see all 6 babies born between September and January together for the first time. We had such a great time introducing the cousins to each other and watching them interact. It is amazing to me how such a small age difference still has huge gaps in development. For example, Quincey, Dave & Don are only about 20 days apart, but Quincey is almost ready to crawl and Dave and Don have just mastered rolling over. Jed can't even roll over yet but loves to sit up, and Eva and Josh still aren't much into sitting up. It is so fun to have a spectrum to watch! Here they all are together, with Josef (or at least his leg) Amalie and Zoey.

Clearly, Amalie and Zoey think their brother is the greatest, Quincey is enthralled with Don's bald head, Dave is the picture of serenity, Jed isn't too sure about all these babies, Eva is tired and doesn't mind showing it, and Josh is sleeping peacefully. What awesome kids!
I didn't get a chance to get a picture of Jed in his blessing outfit, so I thought I'd just put some pics of the outfit on here. I was really worried he'd spit up (or explode) on the outfit since it was all white, so he got to wear it to church but not after. He looks so handsome in his stripey suit, anyway. So here's the outfit:

Clearly, Amalie and Zoey think their brother is the greatest, Quincey is enthralled with Don's bald head, Dave is the picture of serenity, Jed isn't too sure about all these babies, Eva is tired and doesn't mind showing it, and Josh is sleeping peacefully. What awesome kids!
I didn't get a chance to get a picture of Jed in his blessing outfit, so I thought I'd just put some pics of the outfit on here. I was really worried he'd spit up (or explode) on the outfit since it was all white, so he got to wear it to church but not after. He looks so handsome in his stripey suit, anyway. So here's the outfit:
It is the softest thing you've ever felt (I realized only after it was shipped that it is made of organic Pima cotton) and has little scalloped lace at the neck, down the front and at the wrists. My favorite detail, and the reason I bought it, is the little lamb on the right side.
I have always loved lambs, ever since I was a tiny girl and would get to feed the "pinco" lambs at my Grandpa LaMont's farm. So when I saw this outfit I knew it was the perfect thing to have Jed (and eventually, the rest of our children) blessed in. He looked so sweet!
It was such a great day yesterday and such a fun weekend. We were so happy to be able to see all those family members that we could, and if we didn't get to see you--you were sorely missed and definitely in our thoughts and hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment