Yesterday he did the cutest thing with his cousins Dave and Don. The three boys were laying on the floor, Jed in the middle, and Dave and Don were fussing a bit as Ruth and I made dinner. Jed somehow had a toy in both hands and would look at one cousin and offer him something, then look at the other and offer him something too. Jed the peacemaker! Such a sweetheart.
Jed is also loving tummy time all of a sudden. I think it is because he has figured out how to use his hands to push himself up. Since he is more interested in toys, we usually place one in front of him as motivation to look up longer and it makes a huge difference. Here's Jed pushing up and checking out his lion:
I am so glad that Jed is getting better on his tummy, since it gives his poor bald spot a break. Yeah, my kid is exhibiting "baby pattern baldness." Thankfully his hair is still long just above the bald spot, so I try to comb it down to cover it up when we go places. That usually lasts for about a second. I guess it could be worse--he could have no hair at all to rub off!
I love my Jed so much! I'm so glad that I get to be his mom and watch him grow and play and learn about the world around him. He is the best boy! I especially love watching he and Dave play together--Dave is so encouraging and they have so much fun together. Last night, after an hour of eating, Jed was STILL hungry and I absolutley couldn't give him any more. So Dave made him a bottle and fed him while I snuggled down in bed and fell asleep--I don't even remember Dave coming to bed! I have the best husband in the world and I love him. You're the best, babe!
No comments:
Post a Comment